Sunday, January 11, 2009
Dear SAS Graduates,
Some of you may be aware that RP is having its Open House on the 7th and 10th of January 2009. Please feel free to drop by if you are available. May be a good chance to catch up with the facilitators and friends that you have not seen since graduation!
The publicity poster for RP’s Open House 2009 is attached for your reference.
Regards,
Esther Chng
Academic Manager (Alumni Affairs)
School of Applied Science
Republic Polytechnic
We came, we met, we gathered!
DMTS reunion at RP Open House 2009!
Everyone looked so cheerful and bright to see one another. Even our facis!
For once I cant believe Mdm Vicky was being nice and chatty to us. She used to scream and squirm at our group during FYP period.
We gossiped about foreign student. She told me that foreign students can just smell the paper and know that answer when it comes to maths. hehee i just gotta agree with her.

Next to me there is Dr. Kam. She asked hows life in NTU and was advising me to go all the way up to Masters. I maintain a good composure and kept on smiling. But inside of me, hehehehhe. I was like "tanak tanak tanak tanak!! Org nk kawen la blueeeek!!" I dont want to be like her ehhh. Ok Im evil!
We walked and roamed around pretending that we were o level students. Some believed us though we dont look that young.
We played this one game where initially we wanted to act as o level students until they asked for our student card. Wallace just had to give his army card. haha.
We took lots of pictures and we saw a poster with Rai in it! She looked so demure.


This is my first semester FYP poster. Michelle said they put this up coz it was dumped unclaimed back in the Lab. How bad.

Azimah and Arafah with their FYP machine. Some solar thingy I cant remember what. Pretty sure they miss their machine!

Free lunch behind the DMTS booth.

Catch-up session is always a must. Be it anywhere!

PPT slide showing graduate faces. Im thankful that they didnt use my matriculation photo like they did for Faathir and Pei'en.



I bumped into this girl while walking around! She was there to return the school's baju silat. haha! cant believe she hold them up for such a LONG time.

I felt bad that I had to turn down her offer of lunching together. Next time alright? =D
Oh have i tell u that we went to egypt to see the pyramids over the weekend? We really did!

My supervisor suprised me by showing me this.

My FYP is published here!! I feel so good about that. She told me to keep this copy coz it'll be good to include this in my CV later on. I hope that nxt 2 yrs, when I have to do another round FYP, I'll get something related to what I did in RP.
I had such a great time meeting up my DMTS friends. One thing for sure, I never regret getting into RP's Dip in Material Science. Though that was my LAST choice in JAE after getting my o level results.
I pondered and came to a conclusion. Sometimes what we like and what we really2 want, may not be the best for us. And for that, Allah has a better plan for us. It might be hard to accept at the beginning but we must always
redha and accept what's given by Him.
I remembered being so sad and cried when I got the very LAST choice. Materials, at that point of time, didnt seem appealing to me. I remembered again that Azimah told me material science is probably about
jual kain in the end. That made me more sad than ever.
Over time, I came to realize that what I had wanted so much became less interesting and materials are getting more "into" me.
I thank Allah for making me see all these.


It feels so yesterday talking about O level. Fact is, tomorrow my brother's result will be out!! Im feeling his nervousness. :S
1/11/2009 02:31:00 pm;