Wednesday, July 01, 2009
Road to Recovery - Phase 3:The first few days after operation was tough. Tougher than I thought it could be.
My left leg was super swollen. It grew bigger than the right one. From the thigh to the calf!
It felt very stiff and tight, apart from the never-ending pain. I couldnt put even a teeeny weeny part of my weight on it.
I had to move around with crutches. Too long of a pair of crutches caused my arms to be tired. and my armpit hurts alot.
Toilet calls and showering were difficult. But I was lucky to have my sister helping me each time. I had to sit, with the left leg being straight, cause I cant bend the leg.
It has to be straight at all times. I had to put on this knee brace for 6 weeks! to keep it staight so as to protect the new graft. Straight like a wooden stick. heh! more like a wooden trunk!

Gigantic brace. I look so mechanical...!
I cant even take it off when I sleep. Super uncomfortable i tell u!! I couldnt turn right, couldnt turn left. Only straight straight straight!! And because of that, I didnt enjoy my sleeps. My sleeps were light. I kept waking up. Sungguh tak sedap.
Starting from day 5-6, my leg started to improve bit by bit. I had my bandage removed. The nurse bedek-ed me. Cheat my feeling. She said there isnt any stiches. heh. But my therapist told me ade! but its on the inner layer of the skin thats why we cant see.
By Day 9, I have started waking around the house without the crutch. Though it should be officially off on the 8th of July. Cant help it. Crutches are just sooo leceh. I hope I didnt hurt the new graft!
And I can now turn slightly to the left n right when I sleep.
I hope to get more of my range of motion pretty soon. I cant wait. Lets hope time goes off really fast this time. =D
I will get better soon, InsyaAllah...!
7/01/2009 12:52:00 am;