Friday, August 13, 2010

This table is never this empty. It'll only be so when its Ramadhan and Syawal. It's usually the messiest part of all where papers, books, food, toys are all over.
I am pretty pleased that I got it cleared up just in time before Ramdhan came.
Well u see, it is this table that we as a family come together for sahur and buka. If its not for Ramadhan, the family rarely eat together. Each and everyone of us has his own schedule which doesnt seem to coincide even if its only for dinner.
Another reason why Ramadhan is so special. =)
Ive started my kuih preparation yesterday. This by far, the earliest preparation ever. I just dont want to be like the previous years. Where in the midst of Ramadhan i got all stressed up with everything. Time is just too precious. InsyaAllah with the early preparation, the last 10 days can be focused for whats best during Ramadhan. =)
Ameen.
This time round, I attempted to make kuih tarts. We have always just ordered or buy somewhere. The result was not really that pleasing but I'm happy that its still ok. yay to a beginner like me! =)
My mom commented that the patterns were not so visible and the thickness are not even. To get all the tarts of around the same thickness is still a HUGE challenge.

But i still think it looks pretty nice though. My mom made the inti nenas. I just handled the pastries.

And my dear sis helped me to bake and arranges them nicely in the 'toples'.
Alhamdulillah, we baked 230 tarts in a day. =)

Today, I made a really easy kuih. Macaroon. Some call it meringue. I rather call it macaroon. Meringue doesnt sound so wow. haha.
The challenge for this kuih is to get the egg white n yolk COMPLETELY separated. There was once, when bits of the yolk fell into the white collection, n poooooooof, it didnt fluff up!
The egg white will only fluff up like a cloud when the yolk is totally out.

The outcome looks reaaaally good. I wish i can have 2 ovens. Making kuih is easy. The hassle is only the baking moment. My oven fits in only 1 tray at a time. And 1 tray will take 25-30mins. Today, I made up to 5 trays. U do the maths how long must I wait till everything is done. =(

Well u see, 5 trays doesnt even fill up the toples fully. :(
I better hide this before anyone keeps munching on it!

Selamat berpuasa :)
8/13/2010 11:11:00 pm;