Friday, January 07, 2011
Fridays and Geylang.2 consecutive fridays to geylang. It feels good to be able to shop for blouses for the new sem. Geylang is the best place to find affordable muslimah wear. =)
Mom personally doesn't like me wearing t-shirts to school. She will go "itu mengkal mengkol..........." n so on. Yah its in javanese. Go figure what it means!
So as much as I love picking up tshirts for sch coz Im just so lazy to dress up, I will TRY to lessen wearing tshirts to school. Perhaps only when Ive trainings yea? =D
Ok thats not the main story I wanna tell for this entry.
I wanna tell this story abt a makcik at Paya Lebar. There was this makcik, a complete stranger who approaches me, ranting out her sadness. A sad incident she just faced that day. She showed me a receipt, asking me whats written on it coz apparently she doesnt know how to read. It was a receipt of her salary.
As soon as she started tell me her story, quite a few things went through my mind. First thing first, she's a complete stranger. Why did she suddenly come up to me showing n telling things that're supposed to be confidential. Some more tell me about what happened at her work place.
I was initially quite frightened. I was thinking.. mana tahu la kan, ni another story mcm pat crime watch gitu. One person come talking to me to distract me, then suddenly another person come snatch something from me ke. Some more that day I was really super selekeh, and for goodness sake, I put my wallet n phone in an NTUC bag plastic gitu. Like masyaAllah, begitu malas nk siap and bawak handbag la kan.
I started to glance around me. And I thought maybe if there wasnt anyone who'll snatch stuff from me then this makcik mana tahu, is another hocus pocus makcik who will pukau me ke ape kan, so i tried my best not to look into her eyes directly.
But soon, I began to realize.. perhaps this makcik was harmless la. Coz she was trembling when she told me her story. It was a really sad story. Her facial expression was so sad that shes trying hard not to cry.
Her salary was supposed to be $350 but she only got $330 from her friend. She was so angry because her friend signed for her n took the money for her from the boss, but like sembunyik kn $20 gitu.
I started to ask and ask and soon there was a 2-way conversation. She works as a cleaner. The friend who took the money is the one who recommended her this job. She told me she's an ibu tunggal. She told me how susah and penat it is to carik duit. She has bills to pay, etc etc. Plus she doesnt stay nearby, she stays in Boon Lay.
My heart sank. Like really2 sank.
I guess she was really so sad that she has to rant it out.
but haaaa? why me?
I was thinking, on a positive note, agaknye la kan.. maybe I just look THAT approachable and friendly who can talk to anyone. teehee!
OR!
on a negative note, agknye.. maybe.. I look like just another makcik like her, so thats why when she saw me then like.. ahh! someone she can relate to!
haha!
U know, now I feel bad that all these thinking and monologue thing happened DURING the conversation. haha its like I didnt really concentrate but Im glad I understood what she was telling.
The whole incident sets me thinking. I wonder how my life will be when Im old.
Will I be like her? surviving as an ibu tunggal. Or will I be like my mom living happily ever after, or even better?
Allahu a'lam. God knows.
But friends, please, no matter how hard life is. No matter how difficult it is to survive. Tolong lah, jangan mencuri. Apa lagi ambil duit kawan sndiri..
Have a heart.
Allah tu Maha melihat. Dan Dia Maha Adil.
1/07/2011 08:30:00 pm;